hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
hi
i was really more than happy when i saw table partitioning in release info for 8.1. then i tried to use it, and hit some serious problem (described on pgsql-general). basically the question is - is anybody at the moment working on improving partitioning capabilities? like improving queries to partitioned tables with "ORDER BY" and "LIMIT" statements?
if yes, when can we start thinking about release with this functionality?

i, my own, do not have enough c knowledge to do it by myself, yet i would *really* like to have this feature improved, as it would save me and my coworkers a lot of work and hassle that we face right now with rewriting queries to ask directly partitions instead of master table, that got partitioned.

You could consider sponsoring one of the developers to enhance the feature.

Joshua D. Drake

best regards,

depesz

      match