That's not really the point. The ISO 8601 standard allows midnight to be
expressed as 00:00:00 or 24:00:00 to enable you to tell which midnight is
being referred to (ie. The beginning or the end of the day).

PostgreSQL allows you to make use of that part of the standard, and as admin
tool authors I think we should honour what it allows, provided it's not
blatantly non-standard. It's up to the user to decide whether or not they
actually make use of the facility.

For most database applications there is no practical reason to be using a time of 24:00:00(at least none I can think of) and Delphi does not allow a timestamp to contain 24 in the hours position. I have reported it to my database component vendor, maybe they will address it, maybe not.

Doing a little research I found that some DBs support it (DB2 for example) and others do not.

Since I am targeting mostly windows users with my product, I guess for now I will just allow it to be flagged as invalid.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design