David Fetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I have seed database scripts quasi-generated from pg_dump which
> include COPY statements, but the data is hard to edit (especially cut
> & paste operations) when the COPY delimiter is some non-visible
> character like \t.

This seems like an awfully weak use-case for adding to pg_dump's already
overly complicated feature set.  The difficulty of parsing COPY output
is not simplified by making the delimiter variable --- more likely the
reverse.  Furthermore, it's quite unclear why you'd use pg_dump at all
to generate a data file that you intend to feed to some other program.
Seems to me that "psql -c 'COPY ...'" is a more likely front-end for
such a process.

               http://archives.postgresql.org