"Hiroshi Saito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>pqpasswd.exe --help
> pqpasswd installs a pgpass(libpq) connect a PostgreSQL database.

I must be missing something.  What exactly does this accomplish that
couldn't be done at least as flexibly with a simple text editor?

If the argument is "point-and-drool Windows users can't be expected to
use a text editor", I would think that the same argument applies to
a command-line program; you'd have to make a GUI application to make
it easier to use than Notepad or what-have-you.