contrib/vacuumlo perhaps?

Michael Fuhr wrote:
On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 12:08:52PM +0530, Md.Abdul Aziz wrote:
I am a presently working on a module which enhances postgre to store audio files,while storing the aduido file in the databese i used liod,now the problem is i am able to unlink but still the data is present in the postgre database.can some one suggest me how to delete (not unlink) large objects from the postgre databse.

"VACUUM FULL pg_largeobject" might be what you're looking for, but
if you're going to reload the data then an ordinary VACUUM (without
FULL) will free the space for re-use by PostgreSQL without shrinking
the file (unless the table has no live tuples, in which case the
file size will be zeroed).

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster