Jonah H. Harris wrote:

Again, I haven't really used it, but have read over the docs briefly. I'm just wondering if anyone has used it and likes/dislikes it.

I guess you could get the same effect from a transaction. If there is much network overhead you could also write a stored procedure. This is obviously "more direct". Due to caching I am not sure how much performance improvement there is in doing the read/write in one statement.

IMHO this is only useful in fringe cases, can be implemented efficiently with existing syntax and so just adds useless complexity.

regards,
Lukas