Hi!
I have needed deferrable check, but it is not implemented. I thought, the deferrable trigger is the solution, but it is exists only for referential integrity. I have started to study the postgresql source code for implementing deferrable triggers for any purpose.

Now i try the constraint trigger, and it is good for using instead of deferrable check, but it is not intended general use.
In the documentation:
"CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER is used within CREATE TABLE/ALTER TABLE and by pg_dump to create the special triggers for referential integrity. It is not intended for general use."

My question is, may i use it for this purpose (instead of deferrable check)?
What means "it is not intended for generally use"?

Regards Horváth Sándor

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend