On Apr 8, 2006, at 14:38, Tom Lane wrote:

It *is* documented: the manual lists the statements that affect FOUND,
and EXECUTE is not among them.

Whether it should be is another question, but that's a definition
disagreement (a/k/a enhancement proposal) not a bug.

I think that:

a. It should be (it'd be very useful, without a doubt).
b. Until it is, the docs should explicitly mention that EXECUTE
   does not affect found. No, EXECUTE is not in the list, and
   UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE are, and although I'm using them
   in an EXECUTE statement rather than directly in the PL/pgSQL,
   it still seemed rather confusing, because they're still
   UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE.

So yes, it's a definition disagreement, but I think that things could be clearer.

Thanks,

David

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend