On 4/25/06 2:18 AM, "Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So invent some made-up data.  I'd be seriously surprised if this
> behavior has anything to do with the precise data being indexed.
> Experiment around till you've got something you don't mind posting
> that exhibits the behavior you see.

My initial attempts last night at duplicating it with a small result set
were not successful.  I'll see what I can do.

On 4/25/06 3:25 AM, "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Wes, you could most likely solve your immediate problem if you did an
> analyze before
> creating the indexes.

I can try that.  Is that going to be a reasonable thing to do when there's
100 million rows per table?  I obviously want to minimize the number of
sequential passes through the database.

Wes

               http://archives.postgresql.org