On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:

Kris Jurka wrote:

Anyway the test exits with
Stuck spinlock (80618e9) detected at ./s_lock.c:355.

on a linux gcc build this exits with
Stuck spinlock (0x5013ad) detected at ./s_lock.c:402.

This seems like a different problem, no? The patch I sent in didn't touch any of the linux assembly bits. The linux test should pass to the end without an issue right?

No, that's the desired ending.  It prints:

S_LOCK_TEST: this will print 1000 stars and then
             exit with a 'stuck spinlock' message
             if S_LOCK() and TAS() are working.

The solaris version is just getting stuck before at another point before
the expected stuck point.

Kris Jurka

              http://archives.postgresql.org