On 5/3/06, Robert Staudinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
on your summer of code page [1] you outline a project "XML improvements".
Is there any relation (similar goals, feature overlapping, technical
relation) to the "pgxml" project mentioned for some time on [2]?

No, the XML project idea submitted did not include Oleg's stuff at all.

now that I'm pondering the submission of a
SoC proposal I'm wondering if the "XML improvements" project is a
completely new approach, maybe even superceding the
approach outlined

At this point in time, I don't believe there's any single best way to
go regarding XML-handling in PostgreSQL.  If you have a neat project
idea, please propose it to us on Google's site!

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation