Gurjeet Singh wrote:
   My main grudge is that if we are supporting almost all flovours of
nixens and compilers (close to 34 according to official website), then
why are we leaving Windows platform alone? This will bring in quite a
lot more developers.

You should look at MinGW as a development toolkit, not a platform. PostgreSQL builds and runs just fine on the Windows platform. Personally, I use Eclipse C/C++ with MinGW since it brings me a number of advantages. The most prominent one is that I only need to master one IDE regardless of platform.

   I am sure it's not going to be easy, but I am sure with this great
community suppport, we sure can achieve it.

Seems some people has done a lot of work to get things working with VC++ already. Search for the word MSVC on this list.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

      match