On May 16, 2006, at 13:42 , Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
What if single line statements that were seperated by ; within psql were implicitly within a transaction?
Seems like this would risk breaking a lot of scripts.

I wouldn't assume that it would be a default feature of course. Perhaps something that can be passed from the command line or from a .psqlrc ?

What use case are you envisioning? Just saving ... *counts ... 14 keystrokes in this case? (I'm not saying there *isn't* a use case. I just don't see a big benefit here.)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net