Thomas Hallgren wrote:
John DeSoi wrote:

Right, you'll definitely need to hack the C source code to force PostgreSQL to accept invalid dates ;)

http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html#1_14

Couldn't we just install something that replaced invalid dates with a randomly generated but otherwise correct dates? That way they would become completely invisible. No one could even tell that the date was invalid to start with.

No we can't, because then we are taking an invalid date, which is potentially valid data (to the user) and modifying it to a valid date that is indeed invalid data.

One of the reasons that mysql is just stupid.

Joshua D. Drake

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

             http://www.commandprompt.com/