If you want to get users to swtich to your software from your competitors, you have to eliminate barriers, and a big one for any database is getting locked into a specific one. People aren't going to take the time to try switching to postgresql if they can't easily make it back to thier former database. It's one of the reasons why PostgreSQL's standards compliance is so important; if you want to swtich to a new database, your best bet is to give PostgreSQL a shot, because even if you don't like it, we're not going to try and trap you into our software with bunches of non-standard knobs. Low barrier to exit == low barrier to entry.

Another reason why a tool to export from pgsql to mysql is just as important as the vice versa...

Chris

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq