On 5/21/06, Gurjeet Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   One more question comes to mind. IIRC, Oracle doesn't need you to
rollback the whole transaction if one statement fails (like constarint
violation in this case)!!! Does the standard dictate that an error in
a transaction should force a rollback?

   I could be wrong about Oracle; I do not have an Oracle
installation to check, can somebody verify this?

Regards,
Gurjeet.

that is only possible if you use savepoints and we have them in postgres too.
more than that it's beyond spec i think...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

to produce bigger and better idiots.