On 5/27/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Marko Kreen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> If you want to use fwrite as string operator, then maybe
> should replace it with fwrite_unlocked?

ISTM that in a single-threaded application such as the backend,
it should be libc's responsibility to avoid such overhead, not
ours.

Obviously, except glibc guys seems to be philosophically
opposed to this, so apps need to work around it.

AFAIK at least *BSDs have got this right, don't know
about others.

--
marko

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq