On Mon, 29 May 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

The quick fix is, as I wrote in one of my earlier mails, to
configure
svr1 not to tell svr4 to *retry delivery*, but to just junk
the mail
right away. It'll still cause joe-job style problems, but it won't
load up the queue for days.

But, from my look at the queue on svr4, this is already being
done ... the queue contains a bunch of MAILER-DAEMON bounces
back for 'recipient unknown', which is what is supposed to happen ...

That's because I've deleted thousands of emails already, and run the
delete script once every hour or so in order to keep it living.
(I bet your "mailq" command didn't take almost an hour - that's what it
did when I ran it this morning)

Run something like:
mailq | grep "Recipient address rejected"

I thought that the above was supposed to be a perm error, not temp? Does anyone know what I need to set in postfix on svr1 to change it to a perm?

----

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq