Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:35:12AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
FWIW, it looks like a large part of the bloat in the newer file is
in-line documentation, which we hardly need to include in our
distribution.  I'll leave it to someone more familiar with Perl to
determine whether we want to try to use a slimmed-down copy of the
up-to-date output.

Not sure whether it's worth it, but this sed line strips the POD docs:

sed -e '/^=/,/^=cut/d' < ppport.h

Have a nice day,

The changes are a lot more substantive than this, from my quick look.

We'll have to upgrade some day, but for now we are OK. This module is regularly updated, but we should only update our copy as needed. I think we are good to go with Tom's patch.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster