On 16-6-2006 17:18, Robert Lor wrote:

I think this system is well suited for PG scalability testing, among others. We did an informal test using an internal OLTP benchmark and noticed that PG can scale to around 8 CPUs. Would be really cool if all 32 virtual CPUs can be utilized!!!

I can already confirm very good scalability (with our workload) on postgresql on that machine. We've been testing a 32thread/16G-version and it shows near-linear scaling when enabling 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 cores (with all four threads enabled).

The threads are a bit less scalable, but still pretty good. Enabling 1, 2 or 4 threads for each core yields resp 60 and 130% extra performance.

Best regards,

Arjen