On 6/23/06, Diogo Biazus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/23/06, Simon Riggs < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> - give more flexibility for managing the xlogs remotely

Not sure what you mean.

I can connect to the server if I want to query xlogs in a remote machine.
If i depend on a standalone tool that reads the filesystem I'll need some kind of ssh access.
Sometimes the DBA needs the info in the xlogs but doesn't have/want access to the SO.
It's also easier to create a script that collect statistics about xlogs in machiune clusters.

--
Diogo Biazus - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Móvel Consultoria