On 6/25/2006 10:12 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
When you are using the update chaining, you can't mark that index row as
dead because it actually points to more than one row on the page, some
are non-visible, some are visible.

Back up the truck ... you mean in the current code base we have heap tuples that are visible in index scans because of heap tuple chaining but without index tuples pointing directly at them?

Jan

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster