Folks,

For the code sprint, I'm starting off by removing the projects from contrib which need to be removed by still have some usefulness. I'm not exactly sure what to do with adddepends, though. It seems unlike to lead an independant existance on pgFoundry; I'm inclined to just nuke it.

For those of you who don't want to hunt through the archives, the reasons we're removing adddepends are:

1) Rod Taylor is not interested in maintaining it anymore;
2) It currently throws errors on 8.2 (and probably earlier);
3) With KL's improvements to pg_dump for 8.0, about half of its functionality is no longer necessary.

So, speak up if someone thinks there's some reason to save adddepends anywhere other than the CVS and FTP archives.

--Josh Berkus

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend