Robert,

No need to fly off the handle there Josh.

I was hoping that you'd take me up on it in a rash moment.

No code, or no active code development?

No code was the rule we discussed. Other stuff would be a matter for discussion. The idea was that pgfoundry was supposed to be confined to real projects and not a repository of failed ideas.

Seems there is an important
difference that plays in here... looking a m-SQL it has code and could be a starting point for someone who was looking for that.

So are you telling me you want to be responsible for it?

  I'll grant that tips
doesn't look like much more than an article stub... it should probably be moved to the new techdocs rather than pgfoundry.

That was what I started to do. Unfortunately, the README is instrucitons for some SQL and code files which are missing. I don't see any value in Techdocs for instructions that can't be followed.

Perhaps no one knew they needed to speak up... perhaps people couldn't even find them in contrib... how many people still ask if we have full text indexing? contrib isn't exactly the most visible place... All I am saying is that it couldn't hurt to put the information out there... we're not hurting for disk space and none of this stuff appears inherently wrong, just outdated, but it might still prove useful for some people.

Again, it's the same question. If *you* want to be the maintainer, I'll put it on pgfoundry. Otherwise, you're asking me to be responsible for the code because you don't want to throw it away.

--Josh Berkus

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq