Josh Berkus wrote:
Andreas,

Some weeks ago I proposed a PROGRESS parameter for COPY, to enable
progress feedback via notices. tgl thinks nobody needs that...

Well, *Tom* doesn't need it. What mechanism did you propose to make this work?
Extended the parser to accept that keyword, and emit notices when n lines were copied. I found that convenient when transferring a large amount of data, to estimate total runtime. Patch was submitted a while ago to -hackers, together with compression that was torn down in a way not suitable to inspire me to continue.

Regards,
Andreas

Regards,
Andreas