Is this possible today in a stable and robust way? If so, can we document the procedure? If not, should we alter the documentation so it's not misleading? I've had several people ask me where to enable the "hot standby" feature, not realizing that PostgreSQL only has some of the raw materials that could be used to architect such a thing.

Well it works fine depending on how you set it up :) Please feel free to submit a patch to the docs.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Thanks!

- Chris