Peter Eisentraut wrote:

As I understand this, the probe file is compiled into some sort of object file which is linked into the binary.
Correct.

So if we ever have probes in other components, we'd probably want to have separate probe source and object files for them. That would seem better than one big probe file that is linked in everywhere.

We agreed that there would only be one provider called postgresql, and I believe (need to double check) all the probes have to be defined in the same provider in the same file. What you suggest sounds like a good way to separate probes from different components.

Regards,
-Robert

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster