[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
heh. I was just doing it the way Tom suggested - see attached. With a little more trouble we could also keep track if the listened for events and sometimes save ourselves a second call to WSAEventSelect, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

It all depends on the overhead of WSAEventSelect().  I'm sure your version would run
faster, but I just don't know if "slower" would be measurable.
BTW:  I would suggest changing your comment to:

       /*
* make sure we don't multiplex this kernel event object with a different socket
        * from a previous call
        */

Thanks for tackling this problem too.

Ok. Applied to HEAD and 8.1 and 8.0 branches.

cheers

andrew

      match