moises wrote:

Hello,

Maybe this question is not logic, but for me is very important.

I was tested some temporary tables and, of course are very fast, because they are in memory.

But one table created by one connection, canĀ“t be modified by others connections?

I want to know if exist some way to shared a temporary table between 2 connections.

By definition temp tables are per session. If you want them shared then you want something other than temp tables.

And they are not always in memory either - otherwise what would happen to a temp table that was bigger than available memory?

Lastly, this is the wrong list for this question - this list is about postgres development. You should ask questions like this on pgsql-general.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend