moises wrote:
Hello,

I’m new in postgres SQL and I have some questions about the space where postgres process run.

1-Can any body say me what libs use postgres for make system calls, for example LIBC?

2-Can any body talk me if some postgres process can run in Linux kernel space?

3- Some body knows if exist some projects that ports postgres process on Linux kernel space.
I was read some source code of postgres, like,

Postgres.C and others…

I was found C instructions like Printf, that’s prohibitive for Linux kernel applications, for example in kernel mode we use printk.

I suppose that postgres are ported in a user space only. I’m Ok?
Thanks

Moises

You can do it (e.g. http://www.yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tosh/kml/) but why would you want to? PG runs fine in userspace and I can see no particular benefit to being in the kernel.

What exactly are you trying to do with it? Are you trying to interface PG with some kernel facility?

LL

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster