Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
Hi all,

A friend is getting sig11 on suse linux while trying to establish any
connection to postgresql. Have you seen anything like that? He is using
Postgresql 8.1.4.

He compiled Postgresql with a common ./configure --with--ssl
- --prefix=/usr/local

After compiling and running initdb as soon as he tries to run createdb,
he get sig11 on server.

I tried the same here and I could get it working ok. The difference is
that I'm using Gentoo. Do you know if there is some detail about
compiling Postgresql on suse?

Have him get a stack trace from the core file that should have been produced. Also, I see opensuse has postgresql 8.1.4 packages available at http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/i586/

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend