Fujii Masao wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> Modern systems *must* scale beyond a single computer, and the
>>> PostgreSQL support shipped in modern Linux distros is completely
>>> incapable of this.
>>
>> Slony-I is quite capable as a production class FOSS replication system
>> and is in use widely.
>
> Slony-I is not enough because it can cause the inconsistency of data
> between servers.

hmm what are you refering to here ? slony1 does row-level replication
(something that MySQL cannot do until 5.1 which is still beta) - so it
should not be possible to cause data-inconsistency.
It is however async replication so you can loose data commited on the
master but not yet replicated to the slaves in case you loose the master
 completely.

Stefan

               http://archives.postgresql.org