Tom Lane wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
It's fairly clear that we could support concurrent builds of nonunique
indexes, but is that enough of a use-case to justify it?

I believe there would be. Most PostgreSQL users I run into, develop in production, which means being able to add an index they forgot when doing query analysis.

True, unique constraints are usually something you should get right to
start with.  But it'll be annoying if we can do everything BUT that :-(

Agreed, but better then nothing :).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster