Hannu Krosing wrote:
But any sync _replication_ system will have severe impact on
performance. My guess is that for a full sync replication, going from 1
server to 2 will actually lower performance andsome small gains would be
possible only starting from 3rd server.

Only testing will show concrete results, but for sure such a general answer does not make much sense. It all depends very much on the type of your load. Especially the read/write ratio is very important. Another important factor is the amount of conflicting transactions.

My quess is based on using standard 100Gb ethernet. It may be possible
to do better on some more advanced interconnects like myrinet.

100Gb ethernet already sounds very advanced... ;-)

Regards

Markus

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend