Alvaro Herrera írta:
Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:

OK, here's my current version. The reference leak is fixed.
But as my testcase shows, it only works for single selects
currently. The parser accepts it but COPY doesn't produce
the expected output. Please, suggest a solution.

I'm not sure I agree with the approach of creating a fake "SELECT * FROM
foo" in analyze.c in the relation case and passing it back to the parser
to create a Query node.  That's not there in the original code and you
shouldn't need it.  Just let the case where COPY gets a relation
continue to handle it as it does today, and add a separate case for the
SELECT.

The exact same code was there,
e.g. parse and rewrite "SELECT * FROM view"
just not in analyze.c. I will try without it, though.

That doesn't help you with the UNION stuff though.

:-(

              http://archives.postgresql.org