Tom Lane wrote:
"Victor B. Wagner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
This patch adds two new configuration diretives to postgresql.conf file
1. ssl_ciphers  - allows server administrator to  specify set of SSL
ciphersuites which can be used by clients to connect  the server.
2. ssl_engine - allows  to specify loadable crypto engin (i.e. hardware
crypto accelerator support) to use.

Why are either of these useful?  What are the compatibility implications
of changing them?  Does the addition of the engine-load code break
compatibility with older OpenSSL releases?

Is it just me, or are we seeing more patches lately that have been undiscussed?

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster