Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
How about?:
4. do 1+3, i.e. flip the GIN operators to keep core consistency, but deprecate the operators for both contrib and core. Something more visually like set ops would be ideal.

If we're going to adopt new preferred names, I see no reason to support
the old confusing names for operators that have never existed before
8.2.  There is no backward-compatibility argument to be made there.

You're right. I misread your original proposal.  I vote for #3.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq