Tom Lane wrote:
Dave Cramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
On 5-Sep-06, at 6:05 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Yes they are using a connection pool. A java based one.

Since java has it's own protocol implementation, this is totally unrelated to any libpq error messages.

Another important point that we've not been given information on:
when pgAdmin/libpq starts failing like this, exactly what is happening
with the connection pool?  Is it still able to issue queries, and
if not what happens exactly?

No, when this happens everything stops. The only thing they get back is that message until they reboot the server. The web app (via java/connection pool), pgAdmin both give the same error.

Which now that I think about it, seems odd if the message is coming from libpq yes?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

             http://www.commandprompt.com/