"Guillaume Smet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> IMHO, it's more logical to remove it as the text after statement: is
> not a statement in the extended query protocol case.

Well, I was never particularly enamored of the idea that we should put
statement: into everything generated by log_statement.  My proposal
would be to generate

        statement: querystring                  Simple Query
        parse <stmt>: querystring               Parse
        bind <stmt>/<portal>: querystring       Bind
        execute <stmt>/<portal>: querystring    Execute

or these prefixed with "duration: xxx", as appropriate.  Bruce was
pretty hot about having statement: in there, so the hard part might
be to convince him.

Also, the current code distinguishes a "fetch" from an
already-partially-executed portal ... do you care about that?

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq