---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ricardo Malafaia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sep 15, 2006 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] polite request about syntax
To: Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

ok, guys. i guess i was a bit unfair.  Timestamp is used everywhere
indeed, Oracle, Firebird you name it.  Only MySQL followed M$ and
added a confusing datetime and date to the mix.  I hope, though, that
the "timestamp with timezone" isn't really necessary.

And the $$ is indeed needed for allowing languages with different
syntaxes.  agreed.  However, Tom, i could counter example your plperl
example:

realize that qq/end/ does not represent a matching "end"?

What happens then when it sees something like a double variable
interpolation as in $$foobar? ;)

Sorry for the rudeness, but i truly like PostgreSQL and was playing
devil's advocate.  and no, i'm not likely to have fun with Oracle...
:P

cheers

--
http://slashdot.org