"Albe Laurenz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Because createlang relies on *dynamic* loading.

> So that is working as designed.
> I interpret that as 'static builds for the database
> server are not supported'. Ok by me.

Well, we're not supporting dynamically linked objects in a static build ;-)

It's at least theoretically possible that you could link selected PL
objects into a static backend build, but no one is particularly
interested in expending effort on it.  There don't seem to be any
platforms anymore on which --disable-shared is actually important.
(Should we just get rid of it?)

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq