On Sep 28, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Kris Jurka wrote:

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

It appears that the JDBC client doesn't include the Kerberos support that the C clients do.

Java doesn't have accessible Kerberos support. It wraps Kerberos in GSSAPI which requires the server to support GSSAPI instead of plain Kerberos.

Looks like Kerberos is the only GSSAPI mechanism supported in Java. OK by me, but that's not the point of the standard (or the SASL standard).

So, two questions:

1) Is there an alternative JDBC client that's just a glue layer instead of a complete re-implementation?

No, there aren't any Type 2 drivers around. Requiring native code is a giant pain.

Kris Jurka

Requiring JAVA support for everything you can do with C is also a pain, isn't it? (This incompatibility being an example.)

I take it you're not volunteering to help with my second request.  ;-)