Volkan YAZICI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Oct 05 03:34, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Volkan YAZICI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>> How can I store the persistent_mcxt in a persistent place that I'll be
>>> able to reach it in my next getting invoked?
>>
>> Make it a static variable.

> I had thought some kind of fcinfo->flinfo->fn_extra trick but... a
> static variable is fair enough too.

No, a fn_extra pointer would go away whenever the calling query ends,
and you'd have leaked the context permanently.  Children of
TopMemoryContext will never go away unless explicitly destroyed, so
a static variable has the right lifespan to remember them.

If you did want something that goes away at end of query, you could
probably make it a child of the PortalContext.

               http://archives.postgresql.org