On 19/10/06 19:37, "Neil Conway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why does adminpack install functions into pg_catalog? This is
> inconsistent with the rest of the contrib/ packages, not to mention the
> definition of pg_catalog itself (which ought to hold builtin object
> definitions).

The adminpack was originally written and intended to become builtin
functions, and in fact most of it has. pg_catalog was used to ensure
compatibility in the future, and because it's the only schema we can be sure
we'll find in any given database.

> And as AndrewSN pointed out on IRC, it also breaks
> pg_dump.

It does? In what way? I don't recall ever having any trouble restoring dumps
in the past.

Regards, Dave.