On 10/19/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> When setting log_statement = 'all', statements that fail parsing are not
> logged.
> Is that intentional?

The 'mod' and 'ddl' settings obviously can't be handled until after
basic parsing.  We could create a completely separate code path for
'all' but I'm not sure I see the point.

Hello,

Sometimes it can be very useful to be able to see even the incorrect
commands:  for example when the incorrect query is generated by an
application or library that you haven't written yourself .

A few days ago I was experimenting with Lazarus (an object-pascal
based IDE similar to Delphi)  and I was getting some unexpected syntax
errors.  In order to debug the problem i had to hack the sources of the
postgres unit and add some writeln's right before the PQexec calls .

It would have been much more convenient to see the bad queries in
the logs ...

--
Adrian Maier

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq