Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
       Now suppose we have more than one interpreter instance running at the
same time. This is feasible, but only if you used the Configure option
       "-Dusemultiplicity" or the options "-Dusethreads -Duseithreads" when
       building perl.

Now my local perl (FC5/ia64) has usemultiplicity defined. I am not sure how common this is.

Ouch.  It's certainly not the default configuration :-(

Well, so far many Linux platforms look OK, but FBSD does not.

This could be ugly ;-(

cheers

andrew

      match