Shane Ambler wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
Shane Ambler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
postgres=# \q
psql(24931) malloc: *** error for object 0x180a800: incorrect checksum
for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed, break
at szone_error to debug
psql(24931) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in szone_error to debug
Segmentation fault

I think we've seen something like this before in connection with
readline/libedit follies.  Does the crash go away if you invoke
psql with "-n" option?  If so, exactly which version of readline or
libedit are you using?

psql -n stops the error.

I just found out the problem.

psql_history - I had tried to copy from a text file earlier that was utf8 and came up with some errors, I guess these got into the history file and stuffed it up.

Renamed it so it created a new one and all is fine now.

--

Shane Ambler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz