On Jan 3, 2007, at 11:42 PM, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
BTW, if we want to achieve the index-only scan, we might have to do more aggressive VACUUM FREEZE. There were many comments that we should avoid vacuuming pages that contain only unfrozen tuples or a few dead tuples. I think it it true for efficient VACUUM, but the index-only scan does not
work for the unfrozen pages. Which should we give priority?

Unless I'm mistaken, as soon as vacuum decides to dirty a page, the only cost involved in freezing the page is CPU - and vacuum isn't exactly a CPU-intensive process.
--
Jim Nasby                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster