To: "Adnan DURSUN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Temparary disable constraint

Adnan DURSUN wrote:
   Hi, Maybe added more further things to TODO list. Enabled /
   disabled other objects like view/funtion. imagine a lot of
   views that referances a table and i wanna drop a column on this
   table that used by these views. Postgres doesnt allow this.
   First i must drop these views then drop the column on that
   table and then recreate these views.  Can this be resolved
   (like oracle does) ?

Not easily, because the view are bound to the object id of the tables
involved.

--
 Bruce Momjian   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster