Hannu Krosing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2007-01-25 kell 22:19, kirjutas Jan Wieck:
>> The cloning process needs to make sure that the clone_snapshot() call is
>> made from the same DB user in the same database as corresponding
>> publish_snapshot() call was done.

> Why ? Snapshot is universal and same for whole db instance, so why limit
> it to same user/database ?

Yeah.  Use-case: pg_dumpall could guarantee that it produces consistent
snapshots across multiple databases.  (Not sure I actually want that,
but it's at least arguably useful to someone.)

I think you would want to mark a snapshot with an owner, but that would
be for the purpose of restricting who could take it down, not who could
copy it.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster